Hydraway Drainage Systems can be widely used throughout a golf course. Hydraway can be installed in tee boxes, fairways, and greens to alleviate saturation problems that exist on most courses. Facility managers are under persistent pressure to keep the courses healthy, attractive and ready for use. Heavy schedules and inclement weather conditions make this a major challenge because using courses during saturated conditions compacts the soil, which consequently threatens the turf.
Hydraway 2000 design allows the greatest amount of water inflow in the industry! Hydraway unique core design allows over 90% intake of water from all directions. Over 66” square inches per foot are open for water intake. If water has to seek holes to enter the drain, the system can’t fill up fast enough to move the water away effectively. Hydraway 2000 has no holes for water to get into. Underneath the heavy non-woven fabric is an HDPE core in a grid pattern that quickly allows water to enter and drained fast.
Consider the Possibilities:
- Faster drainage means keeping the courses available
- Won’t fail due to construction loading
- Ease of installation. A simple trench machine will do the job or you can hire specialty turf contractors who have special equipment that will install Hydraway 2000 in a narrow 2” trench up to 3000 lineal feet per day
Advantages of Hydraway
Whether it is new natural turf field construction or the renovation of an existing field, Hydraway 2000 is the preferred choice because:
- Highest “inflow” rates: (Water is able to penetrate the Hydraway 2000 drain extremely fast). Over 90% of the drain is permeable. Water enters the drain for fast quick drainage
- Narrow Trenches: Installation can be done in trenches as narrow as 2”
- Quick installation: The Hydraway System can be installed faster than traditional “rock and pipe systems” which means huge labor savings
- Lower cost: Cost per lineal foot is less than that of traditional “French drain systems”
- Non-clogging: Hydraway 2000 utilizes a 4.5 non-woven needle punched fabric. This fabric is specified by many DOT’s nation-wide! The fabric is specially designed to allow in water at high rates yet will not “clog or build-up” due to heavy clays in the surrounding surface
|Laurel Canyon Golf Course|